August 18, 2021
You’ve most likely already heard that an abundance of stress bad for you. And with so many unsettling situations happening these days, anxiety and stress can be more overwhelming than ever.
But stress is known to directly contribute to many poor health conditions. So, it’s important to try and reduce stress as much as possible. And while it may at times seem nearly impossible to do that, the fact is that it can be done.
Granted, introducing stress reduction techniques into your daily routine can take practice in order to establish regular habits. But the return on investment is well worth your time to try.
Here are some of the benefits of reducing stress in your daily life:
- Fewer chronic pain symptoms
- Decreased anxiety
- More beneficial sleep patterns
- Increased focus & concentration
- Weight loss
- Improved immune system / fewer episodes of illness
- Better cardiovascular and respiratory function
- Reduced inflammation
- Happier mental & emotional states
If you’re among the millions of Americans living with overwhelming levels of stress, try one or more of these useful methods to help counteract the effects that can be ultimately cause damage to your physical and emotional well-being:
- Mind-focus exercises – mediation, prayer, guided imagery or whatever works to focus your attention on the moment, and away from your stress.
- Music therapy – this method has been shown to help slow the heart rate and relax the muscles by way of positive parasympathetic nervous system stimulation. Classical music is known to be particularly beneficial to this process.
- Aromatherapy – sensory stimulation can make profound improvements to stress levels and mood, and can generate a calm, soothing and pleasant environment.
- Mood lighting – certain hues of light can help to evoke specific positive moods and stimulate brain hormones such as melatonin and serotonin, both of which are beneficial for sleep cycles and emotional disposition.
- Stress reduction diet – foods such as carrots, yogurt, nuts, fatty fish and those containing potassium, (like bananas or avocados), are known to contribute to stress-reduction in varying ways.
These are just a few of the ways to reduce stress… there are many more methods available, which may be easily found by researching on the internet or making an inquiry during your next doctor visit. The key is to find what works specifically for you.
While life can sometimes be stressful, it’s worth your while to master a few techniques that can help reduce anxiety, improve health and enjoy happiness in your every day.
Don’t Let Chronic Pain Stress You Out
At Riverside Pain Physicians, our board-certified pain specialists are dedicated to finding the best solutions for your overall well-being, whether that be pain management, stress reduction or other physical issues that may affect your quality of life.
We will work with you to thoroughly address your questions and concerns, and to expertly diagnose your condition to recommend the most effective treatment plan for your symptoms.
If you are tired of living with chronic pain and want more information about options for minimizing your suffering, call Riverside Pain Physicians today at 904.389.1010 or click here to set up an appointment online at one of our clinics.
Tags: Chronic Pain Management, Pain Management Jacksonville, Stress Management, Stress Reduction