September 28, 2020
Chronic low back pain affects millions of people each year, and every person experiences the intensity and type of pain differently. The causes of low back pain are numerous; any combination of risk factors may contribute to this condition, such as a severe injury, degenerative disease, lack of proper posture or poor lifestyle habits, to name a few.
Back pain can be debilitating and reduce quality of life, causing many low back pain sufferers to miss out on activities they previously enjoyed. But many people don’t want to go through painful back surgery, much less prolonged recovery time and financial issues due to missed work and extensive medical bills.
Fortunately, there are many new and innovative technologies available that can relieve low back pain, using effective yet minimally invasive alternative treatment options.
Here are a few examples of treatments that have brought life-changing relief to patients suffering with low back pain:
- Caudal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Diagnostic Medial Branch Nerve Blocks
- Facet Joint Injections
- Intrathecal Pump (“Pain Pump”)
- Lumbar Indirect Decompression (Superion®)
- Lumbar Sympathetic Blocks
- Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Radiofrequency Treatment of the Medial Branch Nerves (Rhizotomy)
- Sacroiliac Joint Injections
- Spinal Cord Stimulator (Neurostimulation therapy)
- Stellate Ganglion Nerve Blocks
To diagnose an individual pain condition and recommend treatment option(s) that may be the most effective for relief from low back pain, an expert pain physician conducts a thorough examination and consultation.
A qualified pain specialist will identify any physical conditions the patient may have, in conjunction with their symptoms and level of discomfort. Taking these thorough steps enables a pain doctor to more accurately identify the cause(s) of pain in order to recommend the most effective solution possible.
Some of the most common causes for low back pain include:
- Sprains / strains
- Spinal stenosis
- Disc degeneration.
- Inflammation / wear of the sacroiliac joint
- Herniated / ruptured discs
- Radiculopathy (pinched nerve)
- Skeletal imperfections
- Lifestyle factors
Anyone who suffers from one or more of the above conditions may experience some of these low back pain symptoms:
- Dull or achy pain in the low back
- Burning, tingling or numbness that radiates to the thighs, lower legs or feet
- Muscle spasms / tension in the low back and hips
- Pain that increases after long periods of sitting or standing
- Pain that worsens with activity
- Discomfort or difficulty when standing up or sitting down
Do you have any of these symptoms and want to know more about available treatment options for low back pain?
Whether your back pain is due to one or more of the above conditions, or another unrelated cause altogether, the expert pain management physicians at Riverside Pain Physicians can help. We will work with you to determine the cause of your pain and develop an individualized treatment plan to relieve your pain and restore quality of life.
If you suffer from chronic back pain, don’t suffer needlessly. Reach out to us today at Riverside Pain Physicians by calling 904.389.1010, or clicking here to make an appointment online.
Tags: back-pain-treatment-jacksonville, low back pain treatment, low back pain treatment jacksonville