September 17, 2020
Many Jacksonville area patients who suffer from chronic pain conditions are desperate for relief but reluctant to risk the side effects and potential for addiction that are often associated with taking prescription opioid medications.
Even worse, the prospect of invasive surgeries and difficult recovery times is far from appealing to many (if not most) patients, and that’s provided they’re even eligible for such procedures to begin with.
Relief from Chronic Pain without Opioids
The good news is that thanks to the latest modern and innovative technological advancements, there are now many effective alternatives for pain relief, that don’t involve prescription or over-the-counter medications.
Here are a few of the methods that may be recommended by pain management physicians as potential alternatives for relief from pain without need for medications:
- Lifestyle changes Simple lifestyle changes such as reducing stress, quitting smoking, maintaining proper posture or even changing sleeping habits can have profound effects on physical well-being, and can often reduce or eliminate pain without need for medications.
- Physical therapy Physical therapy may provide relief by targeting areas of weakness, stiffness or inflammation that intensify the symptoms of painful chronic conditions. By increasing strength, flexibility and range of movement, pain and inflammation may be diminished and daily activities become easier to accomplish.
- Daily Low impact activities such as swimming, walking or biking Low impact exercises are great ways to strengthen back and core muscles. By strengthening muscles that support the spine and body weight, injury and back pain may be prevented or diminished.
- Stretching Stretching helps to improve blood circulation to the muscles and joints, and increases flexibility to make movement easier, as well as alleviating deep muscle pain, tension and stiffness. All of these improvements help to contribute to a more pain-free lifestyle.
- Alternative treatment methods When lifestyle changes or physical therapy fail to provide adequate relief from chronic pain, consider the latest alternative treatment options that are now available for pain reduction without medications or intensive surgeries. Your pain management physician can recommend the best treatment option for your individual condition, after a thorough consultation and evaluation to determine the most effective way to diminish or eliminate your pain.
Remember that different methods may work better to reduce pain for one person than for another. It is important to consult with your pain management provider and follow his/her recommendations for care and relief based on your unique situation.
Powerful Alternative Treatments for Pain Relief Without Medications
At Riverside Pain Physicians, our expert pain doctors take great care to prescribe opioid medications only when absolutely necessary. And in many cases, patients can experience significant pain relief with no prescription ‘pain killers’ at all.
We offer several minimally invasive options for relief from your chronic pain without addictive medications.
To learn about minimally invasive options for relief from your chronic pain without pain meds, call Riverside Pain Physicians today at 904.389.1010, or click here to set up an appointment online at one of our clinic locations.
Tags: Chronic Pain Physician Jacksonville, Pain Management Jacksonville